Opiniones de NCR Silver

Sobre NCR Silver

NCR Silver ofrece las herramientas que necesitas para lograr tus objetivos. ePOS (punto de venta digital, por sus siglas en inglés) basado en la nube, información procesable, herramientas de marketing y mucho más.

Descubre más sobre NCR Silver

Ability to remote connect to multiple facilities.

Contras:

Loses connection to it's hardware almost daily requiring a fix each time. The swipe hardware wares out very quickly.

Valoraciones de NCR Silver

Relación calidad-precio
3.5

Probabilidad de recomendación

6.6/10

NCR Silver tiene una valoración global de 3.7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 143 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado NCR Silver antes?

Filtrar opiniones (143)

Director of Marketing & Events en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

iPad POS that includes marketing tools!

5.0 hace 4 años

Having email templates included was huge for us. Customer data integrates with emails, allowing us to segment our customers and send personalized deals.

Contras:

Email templates are not as attractive as something like MailChimp, so a working knowledge of html coding can help make them more appealing

Wendy
General Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

NCR Silver meets our multi store needs

5.0 hace 4 años

This cloud based system met the majority of our needs when I began searching for a new POS system when our retail store was adding a second location. I was looking for a system that could be accessed remotely, share information between the locations and could grow as our store grows. The 24/7 Customer Service is reliable and accessible. Most times, a single phone call is all it takes to resolve a problem.

Contras:

The biggest drawback was discovered shortly after we began installation. We were told during the sales pitch that our system of alpha numeric sku numbers would easily transfer to NCR silver. The use of the bar code scanners and ticketing system would be simple process. This was not the case. We have to manually key in the alpha numeric sku numbers which is much more time consuming the scanning. Four years later, we have of course adapted.

Lindsey
Fuente de la reseña

Some very good pros, and some pretty frustrating cons

3.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Overall I would still use this system even if we weren't required to by the franchise. Partly because I wouldn't want to have to deal with switching over to a new system, but also because every system has its own issues and I don't think there are any other solutions out there that are better than this, at least in the price range of a small business. I believe NCR is working to fix the issues, at least, and I like the feel of the system. I would appreciate a little more transparency about issues that could affect reporting of sales data or processing of credit card transactions.

The software is easy to use and relatively intuitive; new employees pick up the POS system quickly. The developers have been gradually adding desired functions that have been great improvements, and I imagine they will continue to do so. While some of the other stores in our franchise have complained about not being able to reach customer support in a timely manner, I myself have always been able to get through to them quickly and they are always helpful in working through issues.

Contras:

When the software has an issue, it tends to not be a small one. Also, it seems like NCR will work on fixing the issue but not let everyone know that there WAS an issue, even when it may affect your reporting of sales. For example, there have been software glitches where the over/short number for the registers was not getting recorded by NCR. We only discovered this because another store in our franchise figured it out and reported it. I never saw any communication from NCR letting people know about it, the issue was just resolved quietly a while later. Plus, almost every time there is an update, there are usually major issues with functionality for about the next week that can affect the ability to process transactions. The software/hardware interface has some issues as well.

Kelley

Payment reporting inhancement

4.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Our overall experience with Silver has been great. We have recommended this product to several colleagues.

This software is very easy to use and set-up. There are a lot of helpful reports you can run. I like that you can view your business activity remotely from your smart phone.

Contras:

When there is a problem it is sometimes difficult for customer support to fix the problem until the next update. This is frustrating because you are left to wait up to three months or more.

Kari
Restaurantes, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Originally a great product, now not so much

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I do not utilize ALL the functionalities because I am a bakery not a restaurant so I would like to be able to get a "cheaper" version so I am able to get the most for my money. In the last few months customer service is almost impossible to get answers from and they no longer have the concierge system where I have a specific customer service agent that helps. Its very frustrating to wait on hold and then get told that I am calling the wrong numbers when the website for help clearly states to call certain numbers for assistance. Overall, customer service needs help.

I liked the ease of set up of this product as well as the ability to run categorical reports. I also like the ability to use this as a time clock system too!

Contras:

I would like to see a way to customize each category more, I sell cupcakes, I would like an option for more specific categories and options.

Ryan
Alimentación y bebidas, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Feedback

4.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Great customer service when I call. Very responsive and efficient. Wished they would contact us on the front end when an update creates issues, not after we have the problem.

The ease of use on the front end. Easy to pull data and information from historic sales.

Contras:

Issues with security aren't addressed until they are a problem and have credit cards kicked back after assuming they were good. Changed security settings on IPads and issues were resolved, but we had to reach out instead of being contacted first. There needs to be an accounts receivable. We use a backdoor and do payouts with notes to even the drawer. A fourth category would make this easier.

Lynn
Manager en EE. UU.

Big changes in Customer Service and they've lost me

3.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Overall I used to be very happy with NCR silver. The price has crept up over time. They raised the price once and said I now had "concierage" service, but no one seems to be able to explan to me what that meansand they are not nearly as responsive with customer service as they used to be. I have complex inventory questions and cannot get an answer. When I call in (which I rarely have to do now) my issue is complex and the reps that answer are inexperienced and just tell me what I already know. They don't understand what I am asking because they don't use the system themselves.

I liked how easy it was to use. Easy to set up, user friendly. In the beginning when i needed help and had questions and suggetions the call center reps knew what they were doing and how to help.

Contras:

In the last year or two they switched the call center to India. Since I have been using NCRSilver since 2015 I can solve most of my own questions, but when something comes up and I have to call in it is not a simple question anymore, and the employees that are now contracted to solve these issues know less about the system then I do. They seem to be reading from a script. While they are very nice it is frustrating because they cannot answer the question and it has to be put in queue and they have to get back to me. Seems like when that happens the person getting back to me just tells me what I already know. It's useless. I am going to be looking for a new software for my POS system.

Aaron
Aaron
Business Operations Manager en EE. UU.
Automoción, 2-10 empleados

No Inventory Functionality

4.0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: POS, tracking of sales, cash reconciliation, and time clock. Would love an inventory feature for retailers.

Transactions, and reporting, are very easy to use. Reporting is excellent.

Contras:

There is zero inventory functionality. You can add inventory, but as a retailer I need to be able to track my inventory to monitor when, and what, I need to order. Silver does not offer such a feature. This is a common complaint amongst other retailers that use Silver that I frequent with my personal business.

Carl

Very basic POS

2.0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Customer service has gotten worse of the last few years and most have no knowledge of the product. NCR Silver and NCR Counterpoint should be merged but within NCR neither business unit has any clue what the other does for customers.

It's a simple solution to start up a small business like a coffee shop.

Contras:

Overall software is very basic and fine for someone who's looking for a simple plug and play solution for a business similar to a coffee shop. NCR Silver offers no intgrations to Shopify or other major sites.

Controller en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 11-50 empleados

Using at 2 Locations - Not Impressed

2.0 hace 5 años

-Works well on an Apple iPad -Backed by a large company -Reporting is streamlined and customizable

Contras:

-We have had several issues with login and password resets for nor reason -Customer service is non-existent -We wont be using this for large volume units - only smaller volume

Denise
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados

Stress releaf

5.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I have told, shown and recommend your system to many small business owners but they tend to go with other systems due to cost, they love the look on my bar with my 2 ipads on their stands, one for NCR Cimplebox calendar check ins and the other for NCR Silver POS studio sales.

Ease of teaching my employees, Ease of getting my reports, Ease of looking up so many things like cancelled tickets(times of cancellations would help), helps me keep track on employees.

Contras:

Not seeing the integration of my online calendar system, thought their might be a discount for the calendar. Control of emails is a "0" - no means to click on several at a time to delete as I uploaded 6,000+ only to find out I could only use 2500 at a time, not I need to upload them all again in groups. But then if I have duplicates there is no easy way to tell and I do not want to bother my customers with duplicate emails. I also have no idea if my (Cimplebox) calendar emails are automatically going over to the Silver.

Lori

NCR Silver for Small Business

4.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The up-time and use of the software is good. Easy to get started with new team members. Back-end functionality needs work. Overall it doesn't cause us too many headaches, so more positive than negative.

The POS portion of NCR Silver is very easy to use. New team members are easily able to understand the categories and screens. Takes advantage of common iPad functionality. Easy to update products and prices. Friendly interface.

Contras:

The back-end functionality of NCR Silver is lacking. Inventory management is slow and cumbersome. Email templates and functionality are outdated. Lack of social media integration and easy ecommerce integration in emails.

Terri

Great product Horrible customer sevice

5.0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I like the product however anytime I have an issue i can get zero help i have been waiting on a supervisor call back for literally 2 motnhes every time i call i am told I need a supervisor and then I am told they will call me back and I STILL hve not got a call back and my systems are DOWN! Its INSANE! Also with regular tech support I am constantly training NCR employees because they dont know enough about the systems to help me!

It is easy to learn to use and has all the features you need to run your business

Contras:

Customer service is horrible. You cant get help and support knows very litle about the product it is like they have never even touch it and are just reading out of a manual

Jara
Restaurantes, 2-10 empleados

NCR Silver with Scale Use

4.0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: My overally experience has improved once we got the right equipment for our store. I can always reach a customer service rep when needed. I think that the price for the equipment and monthly service is fair.

It is very easy to use the menu at the POS. The back office is very user friendly as well and can be accessed from anywhere on any device.

Contras:

The problems we have had with this software are mostly with the scale integration. The software does not fully support all the scale features we would like so we have had to work around those things. We had issues with the small scale and NCR Silver Quick Service. However, once we switched to NCR Silver Restaurant Pro and the GRS-60 scale we have had much more success.

Theresa
Store Manager en EE. UU.

NCR Silver is Awesome!

5.0 hace 5 años

The ease of use for employees is what I like best. It is easy to teach new employees to use this system and they all seem to learn it quickly which makes training them so much easier. The back office portion is easy to navigate and run reports. My inventory is always accurate due to this system.

Contras:

I wish the software had more options for management on the POS screen versus always having to go to the back office part.

Jonna
General Manager en EE. UU.

NCR Fan

5.0 hace 5 años

The ease of this software is great. You get a concierge to help you get started and then 24/7 customer service to answer any questions. The software is user friendly and simple to train new staff members.

Contras:

The back office takes awhile to update sales information. I can run a sale and it will take several minutes for the back office to show the sale.

Stephanie

Review

Comentarios: ...

Contras:

On the POS side we really would like to see the the qty of tips adjusted and paid out before finalizing. Also if the total cash and left in drawer was printed on the receipt would be super helpful instead of only being able to pull it from back house. It would answer a lot of questions quickly without research

Roy
Vino y licores, 11-50 empleados

Crow Review

4.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Other than the reports, the experience is frustrating as I know the information should be there but is not available and techs are frustrated as well.

I like the reports that are available for day to day tracking of sales

Contras:

Difficult to track inventory, no history of inventory inputs or how to see daily sales coming off of inventory. Inventory is far from correct at end of month.

Kirby
Restaurantes, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Works well for most needs

4.0 hace 5 años

The software is fairly easy to setup. It uses iPads so you are not locked in to proprietary and expensive point of sale terminals.

Contras:

The reporting and export functions leave a lot to be desired. All the basics are there, but there is no mid to advanced report sorting, filtering, custom querying, etc.

Belinda
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados

Pain Relief Natural Remedies

5.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I love NCR, I wish that the cost per month was a little less.

This software is easy to use and understand. This software is easy when it comes to training my team members. You can actually walk yourself through the steps and not get frustrated.

Contras:

This software does not allow me to see what products I have on hand after selling. Having this feature will save me a lot of time.

Jenny
Manager en EE. UU.

Could be better

3.0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I feel Silver could be better there’s a lot of other POS systems out there that have more restaurant functionality.

User friendly easy to train new employees to use.

Contras:

When it works it’s fine, but that’s when it works only. My card reader majority of the time doesn’t work and they’re brand new.

Jeremy

Review

4.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: It’s beem a good system overall

Easy to use interface, ability to access back office anywhere

Contras:

A little slow, monthly price increase with no value added

Philip
Restaurantes, 11-50 empleados

P&D Burgers dba Waybackburgers review

4.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: It has been satisfactory as it continues to evolve.

Updates, able to be trouble-shooted fairly easily.

Contras:

Sometimes issues need escalated; also would like to see delivery companies integrated into system-POS vs several tablets.

JO Ann
owner en EE. UU.

almost perfect

4.0 hace 4 años

easy to use for Customer input and ringing sales.

Contras:

Not to well for retail inventory control. And can't recall transactions or post void sales if customer changes mind within the same day.

Mix
Chef / Owner en EE. UU.
Restaurantes, 201-500 empleados

Buyer beware!!!

1.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: The only times we got any communication was before and up to the sale. After that we only got to speak to someone when there was a problem. the programming of the menu items, modifiers, void/comp reasons etc. was clearly done by people that have never been in the restaurant business so every abbreviation and menu item had to be re-done by us which took up valuable time that we did not have. there is a log of all of the issues that were called in that has yet to be addressed by management. everyone seems to just want to pass it down the line and nobody has taken ownership of the problem and certainly nobody has offered a solution. Except for TOAST POS that we have replaced your system with. I will never do business with NCR again and will be completely honest with anyone whom asks my opinion or about my experience.

BOH reporting was about it. I wish there was more.

Contras:

The connectivity was terrible. The hand held EMV chip processors tie up the terminal so no other servers can use it until the transaction has been completed. we had to buy additional iPads just to process payments using a SQUARE swipe attachment and set up separate account for payment so we could latr transfer the money into our actual account once the NCR payments had posted. The payment process is terribly time consuming and has caused a great deal of negative feedback on social media which has cost us in sales and also in repeat customers. Additionally, we had 3 of the portable units fail in the middle of service, on 3 separate occasions, causing payment log jams and upsetting even more guests ( the units had to be replaced and it took 3-4 days for them to arrive...) WORST system ever in my 39 years in the business!