Filtrar por:

4.8/5
    4.7/5
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Katana

Aplicación de gestión de inventarios y producción simple y visual creada para fabricantes, artesanos y empresas manufactureras que venden en línea (por ejemplo, Shopify).

Descubre más sobre Katana

Mostrando 67 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Joshua P.
Almacenamiento, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 05/19/2020

"The best for small manufacturing"

Puntos a favor: KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable. Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Contras: Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

• Publicado el 05/19/2020
Elle R.
Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 05/14/2020

"Cannot recommend this app enough"

Comentarios: Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

Puntos a favor: This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

Contras: I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

por Katana MRP el 06/02/2020

Thank you for the support!

Founder and CEO
  • Fuente: GetApp
  • Publicado el 09/05/2019

"I dont understand all the great reviews"

Puntos a favor: The interface is intuitive. The pricing seems okay.

Contras: This software is seriously lacking features. For all those who wrote reviews saying they love the software, I want to know what industry they work in and how they use the app. It doesnt offer very basic features. You can't bulk edit, you literally need to upload an excel sheet if you want to change several products. There are no images for your products. How does it not support images? This is basic database stuff. And currently, you can only manufacture items from one location! Who's rating this software as great?!

por Katana MRP el 09/30/2019

As a fast growing software, we understand the concerns you have with Katana. At our current development speed, all of the mentioned lacking features are made available by the end of this year. Hope you will give us another chance!

• Fuente: GetApp
Cam C.
Producción de alimentos, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 05/26/2020

"Straightforward. Gets the job done."

Puntos a favor: Katana is a standout for me. I'm so happy that I found this software almost on accident. It does everything I need. It is straightforward and intuitive. Most other companies require me to Demo with the staff just to figure out how to move around but Katana is different. I was able to figure things out and plug my data and get going almost immediately. Haven't been using it very long but zero complaints up until this point.

Contras: I haven't been using the program very long. The only complaint that I have is the chat box in the lower right corner can get in the way when tryin to edit products or make adjustments while on the site. Other than that minor design flaw everything is excellent.

por Katana MRP el 06/08/2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Katana!

Danny D.
Operations Manager
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 05/14/2020

"Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors"

Comentarios: Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

Puntos a favor: I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Contras: Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

Kelsey K.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
    Sin valoración

"Lifechanging"

Comentarios: We make to order and we make to stock. We make standardized products and we also make private label custom products. Katana is the first platform I have found that supports what we do while also being affordable for a new business.

Puntos a favor: Katana delivers a lot of value. It fully covers my MRP needs while being affordable to a scaling business.

Contras: I would also like an option to dropship the products that I make for clients and I don't see a way to do that.

Cecilia V.
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 05/15/2020

"Katana Make Production Visible"

Comentarios: It has been a very positive experience, putting joy in my work.

Puntos a favor: I love this software because of the ease of use and the workflow methodology. The drill down ability for stock and manufactured items are great. We have managed to get a lot more information on staff productivity through exporting complete manufacture orders data and reporting. I also love it that support is real and that I now know some of the team personally. They answer queries fast and efficiently.

Contras: All the current issues I have are in development.
For example:
1. Adding landing costs to purchase order items
2. Multi Currency
3. Back Order information

• Publicado el 05/15/2020
David A.
  • Publicado el 06/18/2020

"Just what I needed"

Comentarios: Overall I have been very pleased. I know have a solid grasp of my inventory and am informed when I need to reorder materials. This has been a real game changer for my business and has allowed us to scale our manufacturing.

Puntos a favor: Katana integrates with my Shopify Site very easily and makes bundling products on my Shopify so much easier to track. We also make candles and kits in house. Katana makes tracking inventory so much easier allowing me to know without guess or counting my materials how much of any particular object I can produce at any given time.

Contras: It would be nice if there were barcodes, but I hear feature is coming soon. It would also be nice if I sell out of an object that is apart of a bundle that it would then make the bundle unavailable on my shopify site. I believe this is also in the works.

• Publicado el 06/18/2020
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, Trabajador autónomo

"Great Inventory Software"

Comentarios: Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

Puntos a favor: The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

Contras: A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

por Katana MRP el 06/02/2020

Thank you for the support!

Lisa C.
  • Publicado el 02/06/2020

"Met our needs at beginning, as needs grew Katana team listened and added features"

Comentarios: We maintain about 1500-2000 SKUS and all assemblers work at home. Some do different steps, returning work weekly and then having it distributed to the next person. Giving every MO an actual number has kept every bag of parts and supplies organized. We can track who has it, where it's at in the manufacturing process, etc. Even though we have used Katana since January, it's the last 3 months that it's really proven it's value to us. We do not use it for order fulfillment, just in-house manufacturing. But it's allowed us to prep for holiday season from July forward and stay completely organized and efficient. No more "where-did-it-go" or "how-many-have-we-prepped" frantic moments. We began the year knowing we needed a software that "fit" our company's size and our needs. Katana has proven invaluable for our company this year. We are currently doing our first complete inventory and we hope to add these numbers to Katana in 2020 and continue to improve our efficiency.

Puntos a favor: The ability to use Resources as a way to assign a specific person to each task so I can see who is working on what step of the manufacturing process and the allotted time they are provided for the task. This year we went from contract labor/paid-per-piece to employees/hourly-wage and Katana has made this a much smoother transition then it could have been. Having both "cost-per-piece" for assembly of items as well as "cost-per-minute" has given us the ability to compare former payment procedures with what to expect per hour from employees.

Contras: There are a variety of tasks that were unable to be done when we began using Katana in January 2019 but I am thrilled to say that most of them have been developed. The developers listen and are very attentive to requests, bug reports, and ideas and so despite the fact that some of the features were not available (exporting reports, importing recipes, bulk print MOs/pick lists, etc.) they have added these and the software continues to grow. The next feature I'd love to see is the ability to have a product photo attached to each product that prints out an image with the MO. Also, we have some items "on hold" (not sent to distribution center yet) and we use Resources to specify ONHOLD-BIN221 etc. to know the status of any particular SKU completed. We'd prefer not to use different locations, but rather have the ability to add a couple more "status" options. Either a misc or a custom. For now, everything on hold gets marked BLOCKED status and then the Resource is used to say it's on hold in whatever bin.

por Katana MRP el 02/07/2020

Thank you for very thorough feedback! Love to have you growing with us!

• Publicado el 02/06/2020
Ellowyn I.
Bienes de consumo, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 09/06/2019

"Great choice for small manufacturer"

Comentarios: I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Puntos a favor: Very simple user-interface
Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently
Continual feature upgrades
Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks
Very responsive customer service
Detailed, but not overwhelming

Contras: The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly.
There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

• Publicado el 09/06/2019
Chris P.
Manufacturing Manager
Energías renovables y medio ambiente, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 09/09/2019

"Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers"

Comentarios: Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

Puntos a favor: I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

Contras: There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

por Katana MRP el 09/10/2019

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Brandon K.
Electrónica de consumo, 2-10 empleados
    Sin valoración
  • Publicado el 02/09/2020

"Perfect for where we're at right now"

Comentarios: We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

Puntos a favor: It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

Contras: There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

por Katana MRP el 02/13/2020

• Publicado el 02/09/2020
Callee A.
Comercio mayorista, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 05/26/2020

"Great for small but growing handmade biz!"

Puntos a favor: Just completed the free 14 day trial of Katana and have now begun a paid subscription. It took a few days and a bit of frustration to manually add all our products, ingredients, recipes, and current pending wholesale orders from outside of shopify, but having the shopify integration helped a lot. We use three different wholesale platforms (Faire, tundra & Abound), none of which offer automated third party integrations, so we knew we’d have to manually input orders and Katana serves that purpose as our centralized dashboard to see what needs to go out, when, from which platform, if we have it in stock, when we can make it, etc. In two weeks, we’ve already seen an increase in production efficiency and decrease in wholesale turnaround times now that EVERYTHING is being tracked in one place. Highly recommend Katana if you’re a maker, it’s never too early to implement automated systems in your biz!

Contras: Glitches with accurate purchase prices showing up in overall product list. Described it to customer service and they denied it being a problem. That’s the only problem I’ve encountered so far. Tbh on customer support quality.

por Katana MRP el 06/17/2020

Hi! Thank you for your feedback and we'll make sure to work out any glitches that have occurred along the way. Happy making!

Danielle D.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 01/27/2020

"Helped Us Take Our Business to the Next Level"

Puntos a favor: Clean interface, well organized and thought out and modern in its features. Integrates well with lots of other software I use, including Quickbooks and Shopify. Customer service is absolutely top notch, and the tutorials are very helpful.

Contras: If you have zero experience with MRPs like I did, it may take you a little while to figure everything out. But the customer service team really goes above and beyond to answer any questions and walk you through anything you're having issues with. If there was one feature I wish was available that is not currently, it's barcode scanner integration. That would make updating my inventory and adding new knives to inventory much easier.

por Katana MRP el 01/30/2020

Thank you for the review and support! We are surely working on enabling barcode scanning soon.

• Publicado el 01/27/2020
Shawn L.
Owner/ Head of Operations
Producción de alimentos, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 09/09/2019

"Inventory and Sales Simplified"

Comentarios: Excellent. Everything about using Katana has been great. The team there walked me through the product and helped me set it up. They answer questions quickly and personally. The product is as-described and thoroughly game-changing for my business. There is strong value, we have much less waste and mistakes in our ordering now.

Puntos a favor: I love the deep inventory tracking and that it feels like a modern app. Inventory software is typically painful to use, and Katana is a breeze. I love that Shopify sales are automatically imported and function live with Shopify, so when you fulfil an order in Shopify it automatically fulfils it in Katana. The Quickbooks integration makes generating invoices simple. You only have to do things once when you use Katana, there's no need to fill in the same info in different services over and over. Tracking inventory in Katana in multiple locations, and being able to include the ingredients of each product in the tracking is also a plus.

Contras: When creating purchase orders, it can generate a Bill in Quickbooks. This is helpful, however I'd love to be able to create a Purchase Order in QB so that I can simply track them all.

por Katana MRP el 09/10/2019

Glad to hear your feedback on Katana! Let's keep on growing together!

Kyle K.
Artículos de lujo y joyería, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 09/05/2019

"Streamline Any Business With KATANA"

Comentarios: The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

Puntos a favor: The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

Contras: There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

por Katana MRP el 09/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Andrew D.
Techinical Director
Productos químicos, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 01/31/2020

"A nessecary tool"

Comentarios: Mainly we have had a good experience, the system is updated to try and make it fit every company model.
It has helped me monitor our business and stock levels closely, you just have to make sure it is kept up to date so that it accurately reflects your current stock levels.

Puntos a favor: Helps keep track of work stock if used correctly. Updated regulary. We had an issue where there was not enough decimal places for us to input our formulas, we raised this issue and within a month it was fixed. Allows me to quickly find out a customers purchasing history and the percentage profit made per product

Contras: My only issue is that it is slightly expensive for a small company.

por Katana MRP el 02/10/2020

• Publicado el 01/31/2020
David B.
Automoción, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/12/2019

"Katana for manufacturing"

Comentarios: Lots of potential Katana, it a emerging system sure it doesn't have the xero integration in play atm but like my own business Katana is also growing so I like that I have partner with a operating system that going through similar growing pains as we are. if you have a manufacturing process you wish to have better control of I recommend exploring this system.

Puntos a favor: I have been operating my business using excel, xero, monday.com and email. After searching for a system that could centralise my focus I came across Katana which in essence consolidates all the previous mentioned systems into one interface which saves me a tonne of time. secondly the customer support, I have had a lengthy skype call with Hannes who is a founder of Katana where by he provided a demo session of how the software will be suitable for my business needs. I really valued to the bespoke service which ensured I got off to the right start.

Contras: The intergration to Xero is in development but this has been the most noteable con to date, that said Katana is working on this and it should be available shortly

por Katana MRP el 11/14/2019

Thank you David for sharing your experience we are happy to grow with you!

• Publicado el 11/12/2019
Lucille S.
Co-Founder
Productos cosméticos, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 09/24/2019

"A must for any manufacturing startup"

Comentarios: Katana has been an absolute game changer for our cosmetics manufacturing business. Prior to this, we were using an inventory management system more suited to home crafters. It was woefully inadequate for our needs, but traditional MPR software was too complicated and expensive. Katana offers the perfect balance between powerful, seamless tracking and a user-friendly interface. It saves us hours of planning time each week and has greatly reduced errors. There's no way we'd be able to scale our quickly-growing business without this software.

Puntos a favor: Intuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful, seamless inventory tracking.

Contras: We don't like the per-user pricing model.

por Katana MRP el 09/30/2019

Thank you for showing the love!

• Publicado el 09/24/2019
Alexander A.
Head of Technology & Logistics
Impresión, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 09/09/2019

"Perfect choice for small manufacturing company"

Comentarios: We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

Puntos a favor: + Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used.
+ Price structure. Very affordable for us.
+ Customer support.

Contras: - Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

por Katana MRP el 09/10/2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Alejandro R.
Bienes de consumo, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/09/2019

"The software we've been searching for!"

Comentarios: Katana makes it easy to take our manufacturing to a new level by adding structure that will end up saving time and ultimately saving money.

Puntos a favor: Easy to use, flows and clear path to implementation.

Contras: Would like to see Multi-languages and currency options.

por Katana MRP el 10/10/2019

• Publicado el 10/09/2019
Gaz R.
Co-Founder
  • Publicado el 06/28/2018

"I learned this product by using it; few hints from the online help. I decided on day one to keep it"

Comentarios: I can now run my business without spreadsheet hell. I can actually make more product. This is not an exaggeration. I was stressed before using this software. I actually could not work out what I needed to order to satisfy our production demands.

Puntos a favor: It answers my questions easily, what purchase orders do I need to make to satisfy the orders I have coming in. What should I work on next and when will it be ready for the customer! I can see delays in deliveries and the effect on production. It manages very complex bill of materials for our vast number of products. and it does so with a user experience that is simple and easy.

Contras: Where there has been anything I didn't like about the software, I chat instantly to the development team and they listen, they come back to me with an instant work around; then in the longer term they have provided updates that fix the problem. They are an adorable bunch of people and really want to make this work for our busy little workshop.

por Katana MRP el 09/09/2019

Thank you Gaz for all the support!

• Publicado el 06/28/2018
Erik J.
Electrónica de consumo, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 05/27/2020

"MKUltra Corporation"

Comentarios: Invaluable to the maker+vendor. No more guessing, no more surprises when material stock runs out or inventory levels are low - Katana is the second set of eyes I didn't know I needed. Worth every minute of setup, this app has not only saved my business money and time - it has saved my business, period.

Puntos a favor: Integrates flawlessly with my Shopify store and makes managing materials and stock levels incredibly easy once everything is setup. The ability to prioritize jobs based on different criteria and rearrange them on the fly if necessary is critical for my business and Katana handles this with ease.

Contras: Setup was a chore BUT that is really more of a good thing, because there is a LOT of data that people might not take into account when initially considering software like this. If you want to use it properly, each and every little detail needs to be accounted for and when you have hundreds of SKUs like me, it can seem like a mountain. Climb it, you'll be glad you did.

por Katana MRP el 06/03/2020

Thank you for your feedback!

• Publicado el 05/27/2020
Matt F.
Bienes de consumo, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 05/31/2020

"Katana Review"

Comentarios: Just the app I needed for my small business to mange the complexities of inventory and materials management. It is a no brainer for anyone looking to manage their direct to consumer manufacturing and will be my key managing fast growth. The sync between Xero, Shopify and Katana is exactly what I was after. Great support from the team too!

Puntos a favor: I was looking for software that could manage both my purchased and manufactured products with both BOM and raw material management. Katana does a great job of this with the bonus of syncing with Xero and Shopify. It is not a complex system and simple for my small business.

Contras: Katana is quite basic with what you can record for your products and materials. It would be great if there was more ability to add custom fields ( supplier SKUs, Drawing number references etc). Also some ability to customize purchase order and sales order format would be a good improvement. To be able to add a suppliers sku to a PO would be very valuable.

por Katana MRP el 06/08/2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

• Publicado el 05/31/2020