Opiniones de LearnDash

4.4 /5
  • Atención al cliente
    4.7 /5

Sobre LearnDash

LearnDash es un complemento de WordPress LMS que transforma al instante cualquier sitio de WordPress en un sistema de gestión de aprendizaje viable.

Descubre más sobre LearnDash

Mostrando 25 opiniones de 138

Jonathan B.
CTO
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 09/28/2020

"A proven and robust tool to create and deliver educational courses"

Comentarios: We've used this for a new course we recently created and it has been working well for our students. They provide video training and solid documentation to help get going. It can be confusing at first, and we've had to adjust our course as we've gone along and learned, but once you get used to how it works then it's fast and simple enough.

Puntos a favor: The fact that it's used by large universities in Florida, Michigan and Washington gave me confidence that it is reliable. We like how easy it is to create new lessons and assign quizzes to them. The add-on library is fairly large to help expand its capabilities. It's a popular tool with a lot of resources online to help learn how to make the most of it. There are a lot of built-in options for tweaking how it works.

Contras: It is somewhat complex to use compared to other options. That's partially because it provides so many options. You have to put some time into it to get it setup how you want and understand how it works, so it's not as fast to get going with as some other services would be. It could use more question types for the quizzes. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to view all of a student's essays and quiz answers on one page, however there are custom-made plugins that help with this.

• Publicado el 09/28/2020
David W.
Bienes de consumo, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 08/08/2020

"Excellent product - terrible support"

Comentarios: The Good :
+ Excellent functionality for authoring courses with all expected media types supported
+ Excellent functionality & UX for users taking courses
+ Full-featured for those starting with a blank slate
+ Mobile responsive (with our theme)
The Bad:
- Very hard to integrate with existing customized website (theme, plugins, etc)
- GravityForms integration virtually useless
- Unable to drive course access or pricing based on WP user role
- Apparently no hooks allowing implementer to modify their course enrollment process.
The Ugly
- HORRIBLE SUPPORT!

Puntos a favor: The features/functions of this product are top notch. Particularly if you are building a new eLearning site and are willing to use their theme and their UX OOB, this is very easy to implement and has great features.

Contras: The support experience has been horrendous! My task has been to integrate this LMS into an existing website which is very complex and sophisticated, without turning the existing UX on its head. The Support organization has been utterly useless either re-directing me to other plugins or mis-directing me with information that was simply wrong. The GravityForms integration is so poorly conceived as to be useless for my needs, and Support cannot provide any developer-level assistance at all. I've tried everything to get through to them - even contacting the CEO via LinkedIn - with no success. I'm now on the verge of demanding they cancel my license and refund the fee.

• Publicado el 08/08/2020
Carlos T.
Director of Training
Restaurantes, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/30/2020

"LearnDash let you build a great e-learning structure"

Comentarios: The Learndash team is on it. Once you create a ticket for any question or concern, they will response quick fast, efficient and direct you to the right path with clear instructions. GREAT SUPPORT TEAM!!!!

Puntos a favor: It offers deep functionality that lets us build and customized courses for the management team. Very well structured and run smooth.

Contras: Nothing about the functionality of the software , but the integration of third- party plugins to some important functionalities that should have like a robust reporting, a student (user) portal page and a gamification structure.

• Publicado el 12/30/2020
Chi Z.
  • Publicado el 11/03/2020

"Great customer support, product needs some improvement"

Comentarios: I am an open online Chinese course provider. I used to develop an entire course using our own software, based on Moodle. It worked quite well, but I thought using a plug-in might be the smart move since I want to also optimize the quizzes and courses for SEO purposes. This turned out to be not so easy, in fact, it might make the URL structure much more chaotic than it is if you simply use a "normal" SEO strategy separating the blog content and the free course content. Almost all my customer support requests lead to the conclusion that I will need to hire a programmer to solve the issue. I definitely see more flexibility with moodle, if you have the knowledge to set up a server and run the moodle there.
If you are someone who is just starting up alone, or with very little technical understanding, LearnDash would definitely be the right choice. but I think if you grow bigger, you will probably need something that can fulfill more purposes.

Puntos a favor: What I love is the customer support. I have encountered some issues and have always had a great experience with customer support. Especially one employee [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went a long way to make sure my problem was solved. Though the problem stayed as a default setup, she truly made it easy to keep using the solution. The customer support overall is amazing. For anyone who has a standard e-learning idea, I think LearnDash is the product to go for BECAUSE of the customer support.

Contras: I understand that e-learning products are all quite troublesome due to database issues - it is indeed a sophisticated industry. However, I still have to say LearnDash is not very intuitive to use, especially when you have a concrete idea of how to set up your course. It has an overall extremely complicated URL structure, which makes SEO hard to achieve. And there is no option to make it shorter. Each course creates a line of subcategories, followed by lessons with the same subcategories. And then when you finally reach the quizzes, you simply have a long URL and you have no other way to change that.
This is only one of the smaller things that you can't change. Also, it's not possible to insert a page to describe something, followed by a question within a quiz.

• Publicado el 11/03/2020
Eric Z.
Founder/CEO
  • Publicado el 01/26/2020

"Awesome Support Team"

Comentarios: Overall, my experience with LearnDash has been wonderful. It is an easy-to-use tool that is the basis of our eLearning platform

Puntos a favor: - Ease of use and set-up
- Built-in functionality to present users courses in an organized way
- Compatibility with multiple plug-ins and themes
- Great value for the price

Contras: - Sometimes the features are a bit restricting

• Publicado el 01/26/2020
Aaron E.
Founder and Program Director
  • Publicado el 07/20/2020

"PharmacyTechScholar.com"

Comentarios: Setting up an online course, on my own hosted website and with my own branding, has been a great experience. It has allowed me to customize my branding and create a strategy accordingly, which I think is a preferable approach compared to building a course on a universal platform.

Puntos a favor: Building my course using LearnDash was simple, even though I had no previous experience in building a webpage. I really like the interface and the ability to customize the branding. My students have had great feedback about the format of the course, especially since I switched to focus mode.

Contras: I'm still learning the software so not I'm note quite sure yet. User management and setting up reporting and email strategies could be better, but there are some add on solutions that may help with this.

• Publicado el 07/20/2020
Victor B.
Marketer
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 11/08/2020

"Great product and reactive support"

Puntos a favor: All the options for the courses, topic and quizzes. You can do absolutely what you want in a hierarchical way.

Contras: Design aspect, you need add-ons to customize or at least custom CSS.

• Publicado el 11/08/2020
Breda M.
Internet, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 08/11/2020

"Very good LMS software"

Comentarios: Corporate elearning, seems good for online courses, easy to integrate video, quizzes etc.

Puntos a favor: The Learndash is user friendly once you get to grips with the structure of courses, lessons and topics. If you are familiar with wordpress you'll find adding content easy.

Contras: There is a learning curve when you start out, I would like if there was a membership built in rather than having to get a separate plugin.

• Publicado el 08/11/2020
Frederique G.
Consultant
Diseño, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 04/21/2020

"An excellent platform to add your own courses into your own website"

Comentarios: Design and communication courses, helping entrepreneurs to learn how to grow your business (through a better communication approach)

Puntos a favor: Simple, easy to use, very well documentated

Contras: none, really don't know, found every thing I need

• Publicado el 04/21/2020
Siets B.
entrepeneur
Consultoría de gestión, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 11/18/2020

"learning"

Comentarios: better than Kajabi and Teachable

Puntos a favor: once it has been set up, using LD provides a lot of flexibility

Contras: the coherence between parts and functionalities is sometimes unclear + too many features are not optional

• Publicado el 11/18/2020
Don C.
IT Customer Service Speaker and Author
  • Publicado el 06/04/2020

"I chose LearnDash for flexibility"

Comentarios: I've been very pleased with LearnDash. It's well-designed, well-documented, and well-supported. It scales well and I look forward to continuing to work with it well into the future.

Puntos a favor: I had been using a hosted LMS, but grew frustrated with the artificial limitations imposed on me by its design. I made the decision to switch to LearnDash for the flexibility, so that I would be able to manage and present my courses in whatever way I deemed appropriate for my customers, and so that I would have full control of my content. (The hosted LMS would not let me keep my own backups!) I also wanted to have full control of the user experience.

Contras: There really aren't any cons, as long as you understand this is a large application with many options. The learning curve is substantial, but absolutely worth the time and effort required to master it.

• Publicado el 06/04/2020
Assistant Vice President/Instructional Designer
  • Publicado el 04/03/2018

"What a Learning Portal/LMS should be."

Comentarios: I used LearnDash to set up a Learning Portal at my prior organization. it allowed me to deploy content to a large user base through the portal, while also allowing me to track our content being used in their xAPI compliant LMS systems and completions of content through our Help system.

Puntos a favor: Building a learning portal on WordPress is brilliant. The core features of LearnDash in creating courses is great. Good quiz engine and solid features for offering and tracking courses with clear progress indicators. But the true power of LearnDash is that it works with virtually any theme, and expands its utility with the WordPress ecosystem. Aside from solid partner plugins for coursegrids and gradebooks, there are additional tools that really give LearnDash some amazing content features like H5P and tools to embed and track content from leading eLearning tools like Articulate and Adobe. No end in sight.

Contras: The most challenging parts of LearnDash are managing WordPress and Plugins. The challenge of adding more and more features with plugins is the administrative maintenance it requires. Users just need to be very clear that unlike using a vendor LMS that you just upload content, they must be prepared to get "under the hood" to maintain the system. This is common with professional WordPress Administration, but learning professionals who just used an LMS may not be clear on the fact that this does require some web administration skills.

• Publicado el 04/03/2018
Jesus P.
CEO/President
  • Publicado el 04/11/2018

"After months of testing Saas and WordPress LMS plugins, LearnDash came out on top."

Comentarios: This software is helping us simplify and streamline our ability to deliver online training to students at an affordable cost.

Puntos a favor: We needed many features that were hard to find in SaaS based LMS solutions and WP plugins. Here's a list of features that pushed us towards LearnDash because it worked with our stack or is helping us upgrade it: 1. Integration with Zapier (allows communication with our Podio CRM hub)
2. Integration with any Shopping cart with One-Click Upsells. We will be migrating to SamCart after 6 years with Nanacast.
3. Ability to "Recycle" LMS content. (i.e. use one lecture in multiple classes)
4. Progress % for classes so students can see their progress.
5. Forum integration for class discussions. We chose BBPress and it works perfectly with it.
6. ActiveCampaign integration for email management.
LearnDash included all these features and they work. This was the *only* solution I found after months of testing WP plugins and Saas platforms that met our requirements. So far, setup has gone smooth and updates have not broken anything.

Contras: My biggest con is that this is a WP plugin and I'm hesitant to run mission critical software on WordPress. But since all the SaaS LMS' solutions were missing critical features, I decided to give this a shot. In order to gain some peace of mind and find a middle of sorts, I decided to go the extremely safe route with hosting and chose Kinsta since they use the Google Cloud and their pricing structure is reasonable. Plus, having a "staging area" is nice along with their daily backups, crazy speed and Nginx reverse proxy caching.

• Publicado el 04/11/2018
Rose R.
President, Instructional Designer
Aprendizaje en línea, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 02/13/2019

"Very grateful to rep , who has delivered exceptional support, by far the best help desk service!"

Comentarios: Overall quality of finished workshops is superb, and students express enthusiasm. Originally my designer warned me, "This system is hard to learn, but you'll be pleased with the results. That's true. I do want to give a shout-out to the support team. Rep has given me exceptional tech support, and I can't imagine a more helpful, knowledgeable, kindly guide to the mysteries and complications of LearnDash.

Puntos a favor: The finished product. My workshops have exactly the components I wish: As many lessons per course as I wish, installing video and audio recordings, quizzes, and forums. Once I learned how to use the software, it leads to a superb product.

Contras: Over-designed! On the whole, from my perspective, LearnDash is difficult to learn; an upgrade has resulted in far too many choices. For example, used to be that I could easily upload a FILL IN THE BLANKS quiz. Learning the new method, with upgrade, was far more difficult. Each question takes about 6 extra steps, compared to one step previously. As an educator, I do find it offensive that it's supposed to be desirable to copy quiz parts and, apparently, crank out as many quizzes as possible. Why not make that a plug-in, rather than standard operating procedure for those of us who create quality workshops and prefer to not over-complicate.

• Publicado el 02/13/2019
Luis A.
Most Hats 'For Now :)'
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 06/05/2019

"Fantastic Front End Design"

Comentarios: We have a small CellPhone repair shop in Anaheim, CA. But over the years technicians around the world have been watching our youtube channel, to the point that now we teach MicroSoldering online to all our students. LearnDash is helping us with the heavy lifting of putting it together and presenting all the materials to our students on a secuencial matter, pretty awasome piece of software.

Puntos a favor: Easy to setup, able to re-use different lessons for different courses.
Good constant flow of information and ideas trough their blog.
Fast customer support response.

Contras: Not able to create the lessons titles inside the course creation. In my case, I use (Course-Modules-Lessons), I can create the Modules inside the course creation, but the lessons I have to go to lessons and create them outside. (Not a mayor hassle) but would it be very convinient to be able to create them inside the course, only the titles that is. Also, not being able to 'Clone' an existing course with it's modules, lessons and quizes, but with a bit or looking I was able to find a couple of plugins that did the trick.

• Publicado el 06/05/2019
Aaron D.
Internet, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/28/2020

"LearnDash really offers a lot for the cost - well worth every cent!"

Comentarios: We've used and extended LearnDash for about a dozen different client sites (I'm a web developer) - it's easy to set up and our easy to show our clients how to use it. When we've needed to, we've extended the plugin with the Uncanny Owl plugin, some of the other plugins, or through custom code.

Puntos a favor: LearnDash is easy to set up and works well with WordPress. I've been using LearnDash for over 4 years and each version gets better, with more options and power. It is the best way to offer online courses, either paid or free and we've set it up with grading or certification for several websites. LearnDash has a lot of features including courses, lessons, quizzes, and more. Also there's additional plugins to help extend it further or if you're a PHP programmer, you can extend it even further. It costs but it really is a premium plugin and they do have great support.

Contras: There is definitely a learning curve the first time you use it but it's all laid out logically and you'll figure it out in no time. Quizzes can take a while to set up but straightforward. There's a few things that are buried in the settings that can be gotchas but overall a really solid product.

• Publicado el 12/28/2020
Andy S.
Administración educativa, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 05/13/2019

"Brilliant product, great support, loads of plugins"

Comentarios: I installed Learndash to host and sell online learning videos. I run face to face training mainly and the online courses support that. It has worked well for me and I have been selling courses also for a few months. I have a feedback from at the end of my course and one of the questions is 'how easy is the website and course to navigate?'. 19 people completed the questionnaire last month (the first month), about 20% of users and they 18 scored it 5/5 and 1 4/5. So that says to me that the Learndash user journey and experience is really good. So overall I am really pleased and to be honest its amazing that such tech is available at such a good price.

Puntos a favor: It is just great value for money - what you get even as standard is really good. Loads of free plugins which are great. And I really like Notes and Private Sessions paid plugins. The support is also very good and genuinely helpful

Contras: The only tricky part was working out the plugins needed for user registration, but there is an excellent guide on line. Like with all Wordpress tech theres always a few different options and it takes a while to figure out what is best for you.

• Publicado el 05/13/2019
Rick P.
Diseño, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 03/12/2019

"Highly recommended LMS plugin for WordPress"

Comentarios: I discovered how easy it was to create online courses. LearnDash has allowed me to expand my client base.

Puntos a favor: I'm a WordPress implementer. A couple years ago I was approached by a client who wanted to develop an online course for non-native English speakers to study for their certifications. I'd never developed online courses before so I had to do A LOT of research. For that project, I decided on LifterLMS and I still do most of my online course development with Lifter. I'll go into why in that review, obviously. But LearnDash has certainly come very close to feature parity with Lifter. There are only a few differences in terms of functionality. Lifter's add-on system can be confusing to explain to a client whereas LearnDash is easy to sell. There are some specialized features for teams that are only available on Lifter, however. The smart course creation tool is very very good. If you're worried about how to build a complex course with video and text, don't be. LearnDash makes it easy. But LearnDash IS multisite compatible and Astra Pro, a popular WP theme, provides built-in support. Another bonus is that LearnDash has a free version to get your feet wet, available on the repo.

Contras: There's no support for multiple teachers per course. Lifter's frontend student dashboards are nicer.

• Publicado el 03/12/2019
Rod M.
  • Publicado el 07/23/2020

"Top Gun eLearning Software"

Comentarios: I've had a wonderful experience with this software. It does everything I want it to do. And given the new ability to use "groups" as "memberships," I'm even more impressed.

Puntos a favor: I am a big fan of LearnDash for a number of reasons, one of which is its ease of use. You don't need much skill to set up LearnDash given the very detailed tutorials on YouTube.

Contras: Compared to other eLearning softwares, there's nothing I like least in the sense that I give this much thought.

• Publicado el 07/23/2020
Drew B.
Música, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/22/2020

"Excellent & powerful product"

Puntos a favor: It has many of the features that we were looking for right out of the box without added plugins. The Course Grid View feature with video previews and custom layouts is also exceptional. The codebase is robust and it's got a lot of fantastic documentation. The support is just next level as well. That's played a huge role in our development, as we needed quite a bit of advice on advanced customization for our build. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the support team went above and beyond, with same-day replies packed with detailed, and useful information.

Contras: There are a couple of features that are currently available only as WSDM Labs plugin add-ons that I would like added to the core functionality, such as instructor roles and customized testimonials/reviews. But in general, it's extremely good.

• Publicado el 10/22/2020
Kike S.
Proyects director
  • Publicado el 01/29/2020

"Very cheap to be true"

Comentarios: For the price, I am very satisfied, as I said, it shows that they have thought the tool very well.

Puntos a favor: I bought 2 another WordPress LMS but ur system it's pretty all the e-learn community need . It have the taste of many time inverted very well to have a very impressive LMS.

Contras: Specially for my project: i need to have freedom to organize the quizes like topics, buy it have some restriction and put it the bottom.

• Publicado el 01/29/2020
David P.
Expert Community Lead
Software informático, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/13/2019

"LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy"

Comentarios: LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy, and we use it to create helpful trainings for our 500+ developer community. In the past we would provide training and resources via a private forum or Google docs. But we didn't know how many users were consuming the information. Now we have full visibility on who has taken a course, how much of it has been completed, and what grades they received on the quizzes. As we continue to add more courses, we see LearnDash playing an integral part in the Codeable Academy, and we're proud to be using it.

Puntos a favor: What I like most about LearnDash is the ease of use to implement and setup courses. The training videos that are included inside the plugin made learning to use it and build the courses simple. The plugin itself works perfectly, and we didn't have any issues building our courses. Our users (500+ developers) have had no issues when taking the courses and everything works like a charm.

Contras: No complaints at all so far! When using an LMS plugin, you just want it to work without hassles or needing to contact support. And LearnDash provided a great experience start-to-finish.

• Publicado el 11/13/2019
Elliott B.
Senior Web Developer
Marketing y publicidad, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/24/2018

"Not quite there yet"

Comentarios: We have been multiple Moodle learning systems and wanted to try this since it seemed easier to setup and use. It was easier, but ultimately took more time because of all the limitations in the system which we had to customize. Many features which are free in Moodle require paid plugins for Learndash and that was frustrating. The structure of the courses is not very intuitive and we had to make a lot of accommodations to work within the confines of the system.

Puntos a favor: It works with Wordpress so has a familiar layout to those familiar with Wordpress. Visually it looks good to the end user. Open source, so it was fairly easy to modify for our needs.

Contras: Seems limited when compared to Moodle and this is more expensive. The structure of the courses is pretty limited, for example you can't require only certain activities to be completed in order for a course to be marked completed, all sub-sections are required for completion. The navigation through the courses/lessons/topics could be improved. There are a lot of clicks to get to the course content and it can be frustrating trying to setup a course where the user can easily progress through from beginning to end. Often we found the user would complete a topic/lesson/quiz and there wasn't a clear path forward for them. We had to make some core customization to make this more user friendly.

• Publicado el 10/24/2018
D'vorah L.
Owner and Lead Instructor
  • Publicado el 11/02/2020

"Gorgeous and Easy to Use - WordPress Online Classroom Platform"

Puntos a favor: As an experienced WordPress user (for over 12 years) and a course creator for as many years, I can say that hands-down, LearnDash offers a fantastic, easy-to-use, powerhouse course creation software. Not only is it easy to add and update courses and content, it provides a wonderful user experience for our students! We often receive comments as to how sleek and attractive the online classroom looks and how easy it is to use.

Contras: I can't really say there are any cons however I did need to reach out for support to ask a few questions when initially setting up the interface. That said, we were able to get up and running in record time and able to set up many courses quickly and easily. We produce approximately one course each month, so we needed something that would make it possible for us to replicate the process over and over again.

• Publicado el 11/02/2020
Barrett M.
General Manager
  • Publicado el 01/04/2021

"They Listen!"

Comentarios: Highly recommended!

Puntos a favor: Because all e-learning platforms are unique new updates/releases uncover errors that may not have been able to be tested because the combinations of software is infinite. LD support have consistently listened to issues raised, offered solutions where appropriate as well as shown humility in saying oops, we didn't think of that but let's work through this together.

Contras: Learning the course software is not easy to learn. However, the more I use it, the more efficient structures are realised in e-learning course design. They've got a great team developing course structure, which often leads to uncovering up-selling opportunities with my clients.

• Publicado el 01/04/2021